It seems like the contact form hasn’t been working for a couple months. If anyone needs to get in touch, please email me at timmerk at Google’s free email service.
Thanks for Gary for recommending that I put the last version that worked on PPC machines on this site (which is 1.0 beta 7). You can download that here.
Another small update, but supports Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) now. Also fixes the big bug that a lot of people experienced where the server address wouldn’t save when in client mode.
Version 1.0.2, released October 20, 2014:
– Works in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
– Fixed client mode bug that prevented SynergyKM to be used in client mode
– Removed garbage collection from all components (now unsupported by Apple)
You can Download it here
Small maintenance release:
– Now brings up warning dialog if accessibility permissions haven’t been granted
– Fixed issue with installer and menu extra when installing for “All Users”
– Prefpane now uses ARC instead of garbage collection so it won’t fail for some users
– Minimum OS X version is now 10.7 (Lion) due to ARC switch
– Fixed issue with “Apply changes” sheet freezing up
– MyMac name no longer hard coded
After many years of waiting, SynergyKM 1.0 is here!
Version 1.0, released February 19, 2014:
– First stable release
– Brand new interface! Prefpane GUI remade from ground-up to make configuration even easier
– New Retina artwork and support
– Added “Start at Login” option (before it would start or not start at login based on if it was last on or off)
– Now shows IP and hostname in prefpane (no more switching to network panel to find your IP!)
– Added recent servers list in new quick connect menu
– Added recent status history view (data is shown live from synergyd.log)
– Client Mode Only: Prefpane now allows you to change client screen name (instead of having to change computer name in sharing pane), and now doesn’t have to be the same as the local hostname
– Now works with Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) – 10.9 (Mavericks)
– Upgraded Synergy Core to 1.4.16
– “Open SynergyKM Preferences” menu item opens prefpane much faster now
– Refactored code, replaced deprecated methods, and removed unused code
– Fixed “Switch on Double-Tap” bug where value wasn’t saving
– Fixed bug where user couldn’t apply changes after a screen was removed
– Fixed bug where prefpane could sometimes loose focus when starting Synergy
– Fixed bug where prefpane wouldn’t open and daemon wouldn’t work if there wasn’t a hostname set (this also fixed “unhandled AppleScript event” bug)
– Fixed bug where client check time (in Advanced server prefs) would be lost if user changed time, then disabled client checks, then enabled client checks
– Now opens the correct daemon if multiple copies exist on computer
– Fixed alt/opt and command key remapping bug
– Now saves server configuration if you switch to client mode and vise-versa, even after saving changes
– Fixed quarantine problem with the installer
– Status menu visibility checkbox now saves user preference
– Status menu visibility checkbox state is now based off user preference
P.S. Sorry for the quick and dirty website, but I’ll work on it next.